(Jobs) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd : Engagement of Apprentices Recruitment-2019
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company,as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, invites applications from candidates with following
qualification for engagement as Apprentices in Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex, Panipat Haryana under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 in the Disciplines mentioned below.
Post Detail :
1. The prescribed qualification should be from a recognized Indian University/Institute as a regular full time B.A./B.Sc./B.Com/B.Sc. Course (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry)/ Diploma course (including a sandwich diploma course with industrial training as part of the course; with no break) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC and PwBD category candidates) in aggregate. For ITI (Fitter), only a pass shall be eligible.
2. Candidates possessing Diploma under recognized lateral entry scheme (Class–XII (Sc.)/ ITI admitted in 2nd year of Diploma course) shall also be considered eligible subject to meeting prescribed percentage of marks
on the basis of aggregate of 4 semesters in the diploma course.
3. Regular full time ITI (Fitter) course recognized by NCVT/SCVT shall be considered eligible.
4. Qualification of MA/M.Sc./M.Com shall not be considered as a disqualification for post codes 108 & 109.However, percentage requirement shall be applied on graduation level exam only.
5. Qualification of MSc (Chemistry) shall not be considered a disqualification for post code 101. However, percentage requirement shall be applied on graduation level exam (BSc–PCM) only.
6. A candidate with B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry) will be allowed to apply for only one Trade/Discipline (either for post code 101 or post code 108) in a Refinery. In case of receipt of more than one application for more than one Trade/Discipline in a Refinery, all the applications will be rejected.
7. Candidates holding a qualification acquired through part-time/correspondence/ distance education mode are not eligible.
8. Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as BE/BTech, MBA, CA, LLB, MCA or any such equivalent qualification shall not be eligible.
9 No Claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained.
10. Candidates, who have undergone Apprenticeship Training in the past or have been pursuing Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices Act are not eligible.
11. Candidates possessing Diploma in Engineering and have undergone a training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the qualification, shall not be eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentice against codes 104, 105, 106 & 107.
12. Candidates who have completed three years after acquiring the prescribed qualification as on Date of reckoning eligibility criteria shall also not be eligible for engagement as Technician Apprentices against codes 104, 105, 106 & 107.
as on 28.02.2019
Minimum : 18 years
Maximum : 24 years
Pay Scale :
Stipend: As prescribed under the Apprentices Act, the Apprentices shall be paid consolidated stipend of an amount equivalent to a prescribed percentage of the minimum wages applicable in Haryana State. In addition, the Refinery pays Rs. 2500/- per month to an apprentice towards stationery, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses etc., wherever applicable.
How to Apply :
1. A candidate can apply for apprenticeship training at Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex by opting “Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex” from amongst other Refineries options.
2. Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (on-lineapplication portal) which shall open at 10:00 hours on 16/02/2019 and close at 17:00 hours on 08/03/2019.
3. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a seat, may visit the website www.iocl.com and go to ‘What’s New’ > go to latest job openings > Go to engagement of apprentices under Refineries Division > Select the link of Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex. The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website / email / mobile phone. Applications submitted through on-line mode will only be accepted.
4. The candidate should have scanned copy of colour photograph & signature in jpg format (size less than 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo & signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
5. After successfully applying / registering on-line application, the candidates are advised to send the printout of the on-line application form, duly signed by him/her, to the Dy. General Manager (HR), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex, P.O. Panipat Refinery, Panipat Haryana-132140, along with photograph & all supporting documents (self-attested) as mentioned in the check list attached as Annexure-III, by ordinary post only so as to reach latest by 22.03.2019.
6. The candidates shall ensure that printout of the online applications is sent to the concerned authority of the Refinery unit applied for. Application of the candidate submitting online application for one Refinery unit, and sending the printout of the online application to another Refinery Unit/location shall be summarily rejected.
7. Candidates, if they desire may submit the print out of the online application along with documents at the venue of the Written Test.
8. Candidates should super scribe the Name of the Refinery applied for, Name of Trade/Discipline applied for and Trade/Discipline Code on the top of the envelope.
9. A copy of on-line application shall be retained by the candidate and produced for verification at the time of Personal Interview.
10. In the event of incomplete applications, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or failure to produce the printout with attachments prescribed at the time of personal interview, candidature shall be treated as “Rejected”.
11. All Original certificates are compulsorily required to be brought at the time of Personal Interview for verification. Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc. shall be made available through this website www.iocl.com / through email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the website www.iocl.com regularly.
12. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible. Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail ids & Contact Nos. given below.
1. Selection shall be on the basis of performance in Written Test of two hours duration & Personal Interview.
2. The ratio of marks for Written Test and interview shall be 85:15 and a candidate will have to secure minimum 40% marks at each stage for qualifying the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/PwBD categories considered against reserved positions at each stage of the selection process.
3. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories, who have availed of concession in eligibility qualification marks or in Written Test qualifying marks or in Interview, will be considered against reserved vacancies, irrespective of their position in select list (in order of merit within the category).
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Personal Interview or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one position/seat, with due cognizance to number of reserved positions) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to attend a Personal Interview. The Personal Interview for each discipline shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
Important Date :
- Date Of Opening Of Online Application: : 16.02.2019
- Last Date Of Submission Of Online Application: : 08.03.2019