(JOBS) West Bengal PSC : Motor Vehicle Inspector Recruitment-2018
Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http:// www.pscwbapplication.in are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post which is temporary but likely to be permanent
N.B : ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK IN BENGALI IS AN ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST AND SERVICE MENTIONED BELOW PROVIDED THAT THE SAID COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT OF KNOWLEDGE IN BENGALI IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR THOSE CANDIDATES WHOSE MOTHER TONGUE IS NEPALI. THIS WILL BE TESTED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Post Details :
MOTOR VEHICLES INSPECTOR (TECHNICAL) UNDER THE TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, GOVT. OF W.B. – TWO HUNDRED THIRTY FOUR [23 reserved for O.B.C.-A, 16 for O.B.C.-B, 51 for S.C., 19 for S.T., 4 for Meritorious Sportsperson, 3 for Persons with Disabilities (Blindness or Low Vision ) and 2 for Persons with Disabilities (Hearing Impairment) & 3 for Persons with Disabilities (Loco-Motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy)]
Must not be less than 18(eighteen) years and not more than 39 (thirty nine) years on 01.01.2018.
(i) Must have passed Madhyamik examination or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board or Council;
(ii) Must have a diploma in automobile or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institution duly approved by AICTE/WBSCTE or its equivalent.
(iii) Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a Workshop/Factory of Automotive O.E.M. (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or O.E.M.-authorised Workshop / Service Centre duly registered by a competent Government/Local Body Authority;
(iv) Must possess a Driving Licence for heavy vehicles
Payment of Application Fee :
Rs. 160/- (Rupees one hundred sixty) only. In addition to that, the candidates will be charged as follows:
(i) For online payment through debit/credit cards: Convenience fee 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on convenience fee.
(ii) For online payment through net banking: Convenience fee of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on convenience fee.
(iii) For offline payment through bank counter: Service Charge of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only. S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO S.C./S.T. CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES AND B.C. CANDIDATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Pay Scale :
(P.B.-3) Rs. 7,100/- - Rs.37,600/- with Grade Pay Rs. 4,100/-.
How to Apply:
1. SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ONE PARTICULAR POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE SELECTION PROCEDURE, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE IS ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
2. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
3. All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
4. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or
experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of the vacancies in each level of examination, i.e. written, interview and aggregate.
IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST/ WRITTEN TEST, CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED. THE SCRIBE SHOULD NOT POSSESS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION HIGHER THAN THE REQUISITE QUALIFICATION FOR THE POST.
If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
5. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field within the closing date of receipt of applications. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organisation(s)/Department(s) or Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
7. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
8. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ & ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto the age of 45 years for Persons with disabilities
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below: For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates:
(i) In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
(ii) In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Act, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.]
For Persons with Disabilities:
A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals. [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
(b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
(c) S.C., S.T., O.B.C. OR PERSON WITH DISABILITY CERTIFICATE MUST BE OBTAINED WITHIN THE CLOSING DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS AND NO CLAIM IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTERWARDS.
9. CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
10. Meritorious Sportspersons:
Meritorious Sportspersons in the area of International Competition, National Competition, Inter-University Tournament and National Sports/Games for School Education in the following list of Sports:- (i) Athletics (including Track and Field events), (ii) Badminton, (iii) Basket Ball, (iv) Cricket, (v) Football, (vi) Hockey, (vii) Swimming, (viii) Table Tennis, (ix) Volley Ball, (x) Tennis, (xi) Weight Lifting, (xii) Wrestling, (xiii) Boxing, (xiv) Cycling, (xv) Gymnastics, (xvi) Judo, (xvii) Rifle Shooting, (xviii) Kabaddi and (xix) Kho-Kho – vide Govt. of West Bengal, Labour Department Notification No. 49-EMP/1M-25/98 dated 1st March, 2011.
11. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
12. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
13. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
14. ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT https://www.pscwbapplication.in & www.pscwbonline.gov.in
15. APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbapplication.in.
- Filling up of online application will be commencing from: The 27th February, 2018.
- Closing date for receipt of online application: The 19th March, 2018.
- Last date of fees payment: The 19th March, 2018 NOTE: Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 20th March, 2018 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 19th March, 2018.
Courtesy: West Bengal PSC