(JOBS) TANGEDCO : Assistant Engineer Recruitment-2018
Post Detatils :
Electrical & Electronics Engineering- 273
Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering -21 posts
Computer Science / Information Technology Engineering- 06 posts
Civil Engineering– 25 posts
1 Assistant Engineer (Electrical) :A Bachelor degree in EEE/ECE/EIE/CSE/IT Engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under ElectricalEngineering Branch
2 Assistant Engineer (Civil) :A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Civil Engineering Branch
The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies i.e. 10th + HSC/Diploma + U.G. degree (Regular/Part time) as the case may be from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The candidates who have passed U.G. degree through Distance education / Correspondence mode from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu are not eligible for this post.
Physical Ability :
Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Officer of rank as stipulated by TANGEDCO.
F. As per G.O.Ms.No.53 Social Welfare & Nutritious Meal Programme Department dated 11.04.2005 Deaf and Orthopedically handicapped persons alone are eligible for 3% reservation of vacancies intended for Differently Abled persons for the post of Assistant Engineer in TANGEDCO. Further, as per G.O.Ms.No.25, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP2.1) Department, dated 14.03.2013 the post of Assistant Engineer (Electrical/ Mechanical/Civil) in TANGEDCO has been identified as suitable for OA/OL/HH categories of Differently Abled persons (OA-One Arm / OL-One Leg / HH – Hard of Hearing) for 3% reservation of vacancies intended for Differently Abled persons. Further, the distribution of vacancies is subject to modification as per G.O.Ms. No. 21, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP2.1) Department, dated 30.05.2017 issued for revising the vacancies reserved for Differently Abled Persons from 3% to 4%. G. The Differently Abled persons should produce a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation. The Differently Abled persons will be eligible for age concession upto ten years over and above the age limit prescribed for this post.
AGE (as on 01.07.2017):
SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BCO, BCM and Destitute Widows of all castes.- Minimum 18 years and Maximum-No Age limit
‘Others’ [i.e candidates not belonging to SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BCO and BCM] -18 years Maximum 30 years (should not have completed)
(OC, BCO, BCM, MBC/ DC) Rs. 500/- +GST Rs.90/- (Total Rs.590/-)
(SC, SCA, ST) Rs. 250/- +GST Rs.45/- (Total Rs.295/-)
Destitute widow and Differently abled persons Rs. 250/- +GST Rs.45/- (Total Rs.295/-)
Pay Scale :
Rs.10,100 – 34,800 + Grade pay Rs. 5100 /- pm
How to Apply:
1. Candidates are first required to log on to the TANGEDCO’s Website . In the website the candidate can go to the Online application portal by clicking the link.
2. Follow the procedure given in the Guidelines to the candidates for applying Online.
3. Applying through online have the following major procedures a) One Time User Registration.
b) Candidate Profile updation which includes various sections like Personal Information, Educational Qualifications, Apprentice Training & Experiences and Declaration section along with necessary relevant upload of scanned copy of documents.
c) Apply for the relevant post that the candidate wishes to apply.
d) Payment of Examination fees.
e) Download of Application form.
4. After the candidate completes the One Time Registration, an USER ID with Password will be generated. The User ID & Password has to be kept confidential and should not be disclosed to anyone.
5. This USER ID can be used for log on into the application portal for applying for various posts if the candidates are eligible for that post after updating the relevant profile information.
6. Candidates are required to upload their photograph, signature, and left hand thumb impression as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for scanning and uploading of photograph, signature, and left hand thumb impression. If the candidate comes under differently abled category and unable to take left hand thumb impression, then the candidate can take Right hand thumb impression. An online application uploaded without photograph, signature, and thumb impression will be rejected.
Selection Procces :
i) Candidates will be called for the original certificate verfication in the ratio of 1:5 as per the rule of reservation (Communal roster) and based on the marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination.
ii) After satisfactory verification of the certificates , the selection will be made from the eligible candidates purely on the basis of marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination and as per the rule of reservation (communal roster) and then appointment orders will be issued to the notified vacancies.
iii) Applying to the post through online and writting Competitive Written Examination alone will not guarantee for appointment or selection to the post.
WRITTEN EXAMINATION: The question paper for WRITTEN EXAMINATION will be of Objective type in OMR format of Engineering Degree Standard. For Electrical Engineering it will be in English and for Civil it will be in English as well as Tamil.
- Starting Date – 14-Feb-2018
- Last Date – 28-Feb-2018
- Fee Payment Last Date through Challan – 03-March-2018